New Residential Service
What to expect when installing New Residential power to your property.
Residential Service is defined as a single phase service installed for a customer and used for non-commercial purposes. Services that fall under this section include homes, outbuildings, wells, temporary construction services, and other non-commercial single phase installations.
First; You will need to complete the Customer Information Form KPUD Service Application
then to expedite your installation process please have this preliminary
information available when you schedule your appointment.
- Are you planning on installing an Overhead (OH) or Underground (UG) service?
- What size or amperage rating is the meter base are you planning on installing?
- Do you want single phase or three phase? Three phase installations do not qualify under Residential Service.
- When are you hoping to have the power installed by?
Next you will need to call the Klickitat PUD Engineering Department to schedule an appointment with one of our engineers to come out and meet you for a site visit. These appointments typically take about an hour and they are a very important part of our installation process. You play a very essential role in this process and it is imperative that you participate in the appointment.
- Please contact Engineering Support or call Shelby at 509-773-7612 or Luann at 509-773-7638
for questions or appointments.
- 1-800-548-8357 or 509-773-7612 for the Goldendale Office (covering the greater Goldendale, Wishram, Klickitat, Roosevelt, Bickleton, and Alderdale areas.)
- 1-800-548-8358 or 509-493-2255 for the White Salmon Office (covering the greater Bingen, White Salmon, Husum, Glenwood, Trout Lake, Lyle, and Dallesport areas.)
After your site visit the Engineer will design your job and create an estimate. The quote letter will be mailed out to you along with a list of requirements that all need to be completed prior to having your job scheduled. Basic Information for Installing New Power; Customer Service Policy.
- You must have your meter base installed
- Your meter base must be inspected and approved by the Washington State Electrical Inspector WA State Labor and Industries Electrical Permit Application
- Required easements, must be signed, notarized, and returned to KPUD
- Your quoted payment must be received by KPUD
KPUD New Service Check List
Scheduling for Goldendale typically occurs on Tuesdays and White Salmon on Wednesdays
If you have an existing service Please contact Klickitat PUD directly before continuing.
ALWAYS REMEMBER TO Call Before You Dig